Saturday 26 October 2013

Genre Research:

Genre Research:

The genre I have chosen for my music magazine is Pop , Since I have chosen my genre I have decided to research my genre to allow me to understand what Pop consists of and the history behind it along with which artists fall into the category of Pop.

"Pop Music is a genre of popular music , which originated in the 1950’s .As A Genre , Pop music is very eclectic  (A style from a broad and diverse range of sources.) Pop often borrows styles from other music genre such as dance, urban and rock. Pop is generally  short-medium length songs, written in a basic form." - found on Wikipedia however reworded and cut down.

From this I found that Pop is a popular genre of music in which will help to boost the popularity of my magazine as it is about a popular type of music and has a large target audience.

Who is in the pop genre?

When researching on http://www.artistdirect.com/music/pop/877 I found that artists such as :

  1. Katy Perry
  2. Rihanna
  3. Miley Cyrus
  4. Bruno Mars
  5. Taylor Swift
  6. LMFAO
  7. Kanye West
  8. Justin Bieber
  9. PSY
  10. Jennifer Lopez
  11. Jessie J
  12. Carly Rae Jepsen
  13. Cher Lloyd
Are all part of the pop genre. The artists such as :

  1. Katy Perry
  2. Miley Cyrus
  3. Justin Bieber
  4. Jessie J 
  5. Jason derulo
Are all in the top 40 (charts) Showing the popularity of pop music.

Existing magazines within this genre is ;


  1. Vibe
  2. Billboard
  3. We <3 Pop
  4. Top of the Pops


No comments:

Post a Comment