Monday 11 November 2013

Focus group Response



When filming my focus group, I asked relevant questions in which will help me with my decisions, My focus group video helped me to decided a price in which is going to be ‘ £1.99’. I found that many people tend to want to buy the magazine instead of have it as an app, as they have a preference to have the actual item. My general findings from this research was;
That depending on the size and contents of the magazine, would depend on how often my focus group would want it to be issued. When speaking to my focus group I found that they would have a preference to music or fashion freebies things such as vouchers would work well. Also when looking at my focus group I found that people do not tend to share there magazines, in which makes spreading the word harder to do. People are most likely to buy a magazine fortnightly. Also when I asked my focus group how often they buy a music magazine they responded with ‘ that they don’t go out to buy a magazine and only buy on if it catch’s their eye or has a popular artist upon the front cover’. This has helped me understand that my front cover must be a be eye catching this may affect my colour scheme and fonts as it need to stand out from the other magazines on the shelf in which leads me to research the typical magazines of chosen genre to ensure mine is conventional yet eye catching.

No comments:

Post a Comment